Monday, August 26, 2024

MY TOP FIVE SOURCES OF NEWS AND INFORMATION.

    In this day and age, people want short telling's of true information that doesn't drag on and take paragraphs to summarize. It is truly hard to find unbiased telling's of the events going on in the world today. Most news sources cater for one party or another and speak more opinions than facts. In my opinion, the news is so brain-numbing and just meant to make people feel a certain emotion which is usually hate or anger. That is the reason I don't like watching any news channel because it just makes me mad when I see adults who are supposed to be role models acting not as they should. This is why most of my news sources tend to lean towards more unserious tellings of what is going on in the world.

1) TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/foryou 
    This is my number one top source of news and information. I like it because the algorithm on TikTok changes depending on what I want to see the most. This does make my feed very biased and some to most of the information is untrustworthy. Most of the information on here isn't strictly news and is more of people's interpretation of what is going on in the world through skits to keep the watcher engaged. If I care about a topic of the news brought up on my feed I will look more into the information to see if it is truly facts or not. I only recommend it if you just want a less serious way of news-telling. 


2)Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/                                                  Instagram is very similar to TikTok because the information is biased to my feed and is untrustworthy. I mainly use it for more entertainment than a news source but it does get political from time to time. I would recommend it to people who want a more entertaining way of news telling but wouldn't recommend it because of the very biased and untrustworthy content. Most people who post on this app are more focused on getting views and likes rather than telling a 100% factual story.  
3) Friends/ family
      Friends and family definitely aren't the most reliable source of information but it is a main place I get my news from. For example, I heard that Trump had an attempted assassination because of a friend group chat. Even if we dont realize it every time you talk to a friend or family member you are sharing your bias with them. It is almost impossible to be completely unbiased so I recommend this to people who want to hear different of opinions from people with different backgrounds and values.

4) Radio/ Sirius XM: https://www.siriusxm.com/                                       Every time I get into my car or when I am getting ready in the morning I will listen to Sirius XM. Sometimes on certain news stations, they will tell you information about which roads are closed that morning and what the weather will be like which helps me decide some aspects of my morning. I like it because it is a fast telling of information in between music so it keeps me entertained. I recommend it because there are so many stations ranging from music to sports, and podcasts. 
5) TV News Stations 

   Another way I get my news is by happenstance. The TVs are always on in different cafeterias with news stations so I get news and information by seeing them. An example of this was the other day I was sitting outside of Slane but because of the windows, I saw inside that news stations were talking about Breaking News which was RFK Jr. now endorsing Donald Trump. I saw talk of him doing that when I scrolled through TikTok but seeing that on TV led me to believe it was true. I recommend always being aware of your surroundings because you never know what news and information you can gather from being aware. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

EOTO Terms and Concepts- Confirmation bias

Confirmation bias:     The definition of confirmation bias is the tendency to seek out and give undue credibility to information that suppor...